1. Welcome to the CAS forums. If Astronomy interests you beyond an Outreach visit to our observatory, please Sign Up Now to see more of our website and take part in the Astronomy discussions.
    CAS Members must register on this website if you wish to be updated with Society activity & News

Event: [Aug 15, 2017] SOAPBOX (Christchurch, Canterbury)

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Carol, Aug 4, 2017.

SOAPBOX
Posted By Carol

Room 275, Biology Building, University of Canterbury
Biology, Ilam, Christchurch 8041, New Zealand
Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 08:00 PM
(ends Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 09:30 PM)
Timezone: Pacific/Auckland

Keywords

Upcoming Occurrences

All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Pacific/Auckland

Linked Occurence:
Start: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 08:00 PM
End: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 09:30 PM
Upcoming Occurrences:
This event does not have any/other upcoming occurrences...
  1. Carol

Carol Well-Known Member CAS Member CAS Committee

This is your chance to tell us of a pet project you are doing or have in mind, or to let us know of an amazing occurrence that is happening or has happened in the world of Astronomy and Science. Each segment is usually 10 mins long. Do contact us if you wish to be included in the programme for the night. We already have 2 speakers so do be quick!

2. CAS Admin

CAS Admin Administrator CAS Member CAS Committee

The CAS monthly meeting is held at 7:30pm on the 3rd Tuesday of the month (except December and January), in room 275 of the Biology building of the University of Canterbury School of Biological Sciences. Any member of the public who is considering joining the Society or who has an interest in the subject being discussed is welcome to attend the meeting.

Meetings will begin at 8:00 p.m. sharp. The meeting will be preceded by a tea-and-biscuits session from 7:30pm.
    We hope that this change will help keep the meetings short, while still allow time to chat.

3. Heather Skinner

Heather Skinner Well-Known Member CAS Member

My Gladioli bulbs I have just put in??? Well it is science, of the garden variety! :D

Karen likes this.
  4. Gary Steel

Gary Steel CAS President CAS Member CAS Committee

Hi Carol. I have a small presentation ready to go on the early history of the observatory. I could probably give that if we're not already full. Make me a low priority, though.

Carol and Dale kershaw like this.
  5. Carol

Carol Well-Known Member CAS Member CAS Committee

Sure thing Gary. At this stage we only have 3 talks tho I do suspect someone will turn up on the night. I am thinking of getting up and doing another push for the Conference next year as well.